Introducing the delightful and delectable Cranberry-Pistachio-Coconut Triangle Cookie – a symphony of flavors and textures that dance on your taste buds! This culinary creation, perfect for college students seeking a unique treat for a special occasion or simply indulging in a moment of culinary bliss, combines the tart sweetness of cranberries, the rich nuttiness of pistachios, and the tropical allure of coconut, all nestled within a perfectly triangular cookie masterpiece. Each bite is a harmonious blend of chewy and crunchy, making it a sensory delight for cookie enthusiasts. Whether you’re looking for cookies for college students or just wanting to elevate your cookie experience to new heights, cookies like the Cranberry-Pistachio-Coconut Triangle Cookie promises to be a visually appealing and irresistibly delicious flavor journey! Get ready to embark on this delightful treat that’s perfect for the college experience!
by Chef Stephen P. Sands
1 cup +2 TBSP. all-purpose flour
1 cup +2 TBSP. packed light brown sugar
5 TBSP. unsalted butter, cut into 5 pieces and chilled
1 cup pistachios, toasted and crushed
1 cup dried cranberries
¾ cup sweetened, shredded coconut
1 lrg. egg
2 TBSP. real maple syrup
¾ tsp. vanilla extract
½ tsp. almond extract
½ tsp. sea salt
- Toast the pistachios in a skillet over medium heat for about 4 – 5 minutes. Once cooled, place them in a zip-lock plastic bag and with a meat mallet or rolling pin, gently crush the nuts to the desired size. The objective is not to make powdered pistachios.
- Adjust the oven rack to the center position and preheat to 375°F. Line an 8″ baking pan with aluminum foil, allowing excess foil to hang over the pan edges. Lightly grease the foil.
- Pulse 1 cup of flour, 2 TBSP. sugar, and the butter in a food processor until incorporated and the mixture resembles wet sand. Press the mixture into the prepared pan and bake until light golden, about 15 minutes. Cool completely.
- Toss the pistachios, cranberries, and coconut in a bowl, breaking up and clumps. Whisk the egg, the syrup, the extracts, salt and remaining flour and remaining sugar in a large bowl. Fold the pistachio mixture into the egg/syrup mixture, then spread evenly over the cooled crust. Bake until deep golden brown and set, about 20 – 25 minutes. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- Using the overhanging foil, lift the cookies out of the pan. Cut them into 2½” squares and cut each square diagonally into triangles and serve. Optionally, these triangles can then be dipped in melted dark or white chocolate and set in the refrigerator.