Culinaria is always on the lookout for volunteers to work with our chefs/instructors. An assistant’s duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Chef/Instructor with food prep prior to class
- Set up participant stations prior to class
- Assist Chef/Instructor as requested during class
- Clear and wash dishes during and after class and put clean items away
- Clean and prepare the classroom for the next class or event
Whether you are an enthusiastic beginner or a seasoned veteran, working as an assistant at Culinaria will help you hone your skills. Assistants can work during the day or in the evening, once a week, or once a month — and earn credits towards free classes.
For more information about our Assistant Program, please call us at (703) 865-7920.
The Assistants Program is designed for adults ages 18 and older. On occasion we do employ teen assistants for some classes and summer camps. Please call the school for more information.