This holiday season, Culinaria Cooking School is helping fight hunger in our area by collecting canned food and other non-perishable items. All donations will be given to Food for Others, a four-star Charity Navigator organization serving food-challenged families in Fairfax and Arlington counties.
“As chefs, hunger is an issue very close to our hearts. We are glad to be in a position to help Food for Others feed the hungry in Northern Virginia this holiday season,” says Stephen Sands, owner of Culinaria Cooking School.
There are over 90,000 people living in poverty in the Northern Virginia area and 30,000 of them are children. Food for Others provides emergency food service to these people in need.
Help make a difference by dropping off your donation at the school (located at 110 Pleasant Street, NW) anytime before December 15th.
Foods most urgently needed are:
- Canned chili
- Canned tomato products (crushed, peeled, diced, etc.), 4oz – 1lb
- Canned meat (chicken, beef, turkey, or seafood), 2oz – 15oz
- Rice, 16oz packages
- Spaghetti sauce, 14oz – 1lb (ideally in cans instead of glass)
- Canned fruit (packed in fruit juice instead of syrup) 11oz – 20oz
- Beans, dried or canned (black, kidney, pinto, etc.)
- Canned pasta
- Fruit juice (100% juice) 32oz – 64oz
No Glass Containers, please!